LiveBinders Privacy Commitment
LiveBinders has been commited to taking privacy seriously for the entire time we have been in business (over 10 years). We do not allow advertising on the site and we only collect the information necessary for providing an excellent service and experience on the LiveBinders platform. LiveBinders is compliant with the California Consumer Protection Act, and will work to be compliant with any future privacy legislation.
Information You Choose to Submit
- Registration: If you desire to have access to restricted sections of our Services, you may be required to become a registered user, and to submit any of the following: email, username, password, district, school, company name, city. Note: We encrypt your passwords.
- Customer Support: We may collect information through your communications with our customer support team or other communications that you may send us and their contents.
- Temporary Passwords: You may request a temporary password to be sent to the email on your account. It is your responsibility to change your password once you log in. We delete temporary passwords.
- Purchase or Upgrade: When you make payments through the Service, you will need to provide Personal Data such as a credit card number and billing address. We use a third-party service to process your payments and do not store your credit card information. We require these third-parties to maintain the privacy and security of the Personal Data they process on our behalf.
- Social Media Posts: We offer you the ability to post your LiveBinder links directly to your social media account. In order to allow you to post to your social media platforms, we may direct you to their log in page to provide username, account IDs, social handle and email address. We refer you to their privacy policies for handling your login credentials.
- Access to Connected Storage Sites: We give you the opportunity to connect content from other third-party media storage sites. Please refer to the "Information We Get From Connected Social Media Partners" section below.
Information We Get From Connected Social Media Partners
Google Login and Google Drive
You can log into LiveBinders using single sign-on services such as Google Login. We use these services only to authenticate your identity and provide you the option to add selected content links from your Google Drive directly into your LiveBinder tabs. We do not keep or store any of your login credentials.
You can log into your Dropbox account within your LiveBinders editor. We use these services only to authenticate your identity and provide you the option to add selected content links from your Dropbox account directly into your LiveBinder tabs. We do not keep or store any of your login credentials.
Social Media Widgets
Information We Automatically Collect
Our Services allow members to link other websites in their binders. Cookies set by these third-party websites are governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. These websites may also collect information through cookies.
We do not currently place ads in our Services, but we reserve the right to do so, and in those cases, those advertisements may collect information through cookies to ensure that their advertising systems are working properly and to track responses to their advertisements.
We use Google Analytics to track visitor behavior. Each time you visit our website we automatically collect your IP address, browser type and computer type, access time, the webpage from which you came, and webpage(s) that you access during your visit.
Generally, you can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you if you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to choose whether or not to accept the cookie. Please note that if you do set your browser not to accept cookies, certain areas of our website may not function properly and we may not be able to provide you with certain features of the Services.
How We May Use Your Personal Data
We may use Personal Data to:
- Create and manage your account, provide our Services, process payments, and respond to your inquiries
- Communicate with you to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service or system maintenance, including by periodically emailing you service-related announcements
- Publish your content, comments or messages on social media platforms
- Provide customer support
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including by developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our advertising; analyzing how the Services are being accessed and used; tracking performance of the Services; debugging the Services; facilitating the use of our Services)
- After choosing to "opt-in" to be notified, send you email regarding marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs and promotions of LiveBinders and affiliated companies
- Enforce our agreements related to our Services and our other legal rights
- Apply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies
How We Share Your Personal Data
Service Providers. From time to time, we may enter into relationships with third-parties who provide services to us (e.g., credit card processing services, web services, email services, support management services or data management and storage services). In those circumstances, we disclose information about you that is necessary for such service providers to perform those services, but only if such service providers agree not to disclose your information except as necessary to perform such services.
- in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims
- if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or property
- if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that involve significant abuse of our website infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of information)
- with another entity that acquires or merges with us.
Your use of areas of our website that are intended for interaction with other users (e.g., message boards, discussion rooms, and other online forums) may allow you to post Personal Data. By choosing to use these areas, you understand and agree that anyone may access, use, and disclose any Personal Data that you post to those areas.
Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Data
If you would like to modify your account information, please update it on your My Profile page. If you would like any Personal Data you previously submitted to us deleted, please let us know by sending us an email to privacy (at) LiveBinders (DOT) com. (Please send your request from the email address associated with your account and clearly state what Personal Data you would like modified or deleted).
We also take measures to delete your Personal Data or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of product and services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrollment with our products or services, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
Under the California Consumer Protection Act, you have the right to portability of your data. If you would like a download of your private data, please send an email to email@example.com
Please note that sometimes these requests may take up to thirty business days to process, that any Personal Data that we have copied may remain in back-up storage for some period of time after your request, and that if you delete certain information (e.g., your billing address) you may not be able to purchase products in the future without re-submitting such information. Also, please note that we will maintain information about you in our database for accounting purposes or whenever we are required to do so by law.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable measures to help protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse, or unauthorized access or disclosure. We employ administrative and electronic measures designed to appropriately protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Data in our possession. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot ensure or warrant that information about you will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our administrative, physical and electronic safeguards, subject to requirements under applicable law to guarantee information.
We will make any legally-required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted, electronically stored Personal Data to you via email or conspicuous posting on our website in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system, and any other discloures that may be required under applicable law.
If students are under 13 years of age, they must have parental permission to register an account at LiveBinders. Schools should obtain parental permission before issuing accounts to students. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has a registered account for the Services or that we have received any Personal Data of that child without your consent, then you may alert us through your school administrator and have them contact us at info (at) livebinders (DOT) com and request that we delete that child’s Personal Data and/or account from our systems.
Links to Other Websites
Our Services may contain links to other websites.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE, DISCLOSURE OR OTHER PRIVACY PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD-PARTY, INCLUDING OUR AFFILIATES, THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, ANY THIRD-PARTY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM, ANY THIRD-PARTY MAKING AVAILABLE THE DEVICES OR OPERATING SYSTEMS FOR WHICH THE SITE IS AVAILABLE, AND ANY THIRD-PARTY OPERATING ANY WEBSITE TO WHICH THE SITE CONTAINS A LINK. YOU MAY HAVE RIGHTS DIRECTLY ENFORCEABLE AGAINST THESE THIRD-PARTIES SO YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THEIR PRIVACY POLICIES TO LEARN MORE.
We urge you to review such practices prior to submitting any personal information to such websites.
If you choose to use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States and by providing your personally identifiable information on or through the Services you consent to that transfer.
To learn more about Document Security for your uploaded content click here.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at privacy (at) LiveBinders (DOT) com. Or write to us at:
c/o LiveBinders Inc.
795 Folsom Street, 1st Floor
San Francisco, CA 94107