SEO with Online Binders
How to Optimize Search Engine Optimization with your Online Binders
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is the practice of improving or increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website or webpage through organic search engine results. In order for a website to be discovered by search engines, Google sends out a crawler that gathers information about content they find on the Internet, building an index for each site. The index is then used to help match search queries.
We prevent Google from indexing private online binders and any public binders that are in a free account. If you are a subscriber and have a public binder, your online binder will be indexed.
If you have a free account and would like your binder to be indexed by search engines, please fill out this form, and we will consider your request. (Note: if your account is free and was created before July, 2017, your binders are already indexed.)
Best Practices For SEO
Make sure your online binders are seen! There are a number of ways you can increase your search rankings (Google, Bing, etc.). Here are some tips to get you started:
- Put the Table of Contents as the first page of your binder. Here’s how:
- Select the binder
- Go into Edit mode
- Click on Settings
- Click on Layout
- Move Table of Contents to the first tab
- Use a descriptive title with key words. Make sure it’s clear, descriptive, but not too long. We recommend 4 to 5 words.
- Add a binder description – length depends on you. Go into as much detail as you feel is needed. Add in your keywords, but be careful of keyword stuffing.
- Add tags. You can do this by going to Binder Settings while in edit mode. Use your keywords as a guide for your tags.
- Rename your tabs. Make sure each tab is clear and includes your keywords.
- Make sure all text includes keywords. Whether it’s under a specific tab, a tab name, or a description, all your text should have your keywords within them. Just don’t keyword stuff (Hint: the keywords shouldn’t interrupt the flow of your text and shouldn’t be noticeably repetitive).
- Related links help your binder move up the search rankings. The links should be posted on good quality sites. You can tweet about your binder and link it to all your social media accounts.
- Be patient. It takes a while for your binder to be discovered and even longer for it to move up the search rankings. The more quality links and text you have, the better the chances will be.